Question:
my dad has a serious problem with pain pills?
Mommy to a princess
2011-07-04 22:59:18 UTC
My dad has a terrible addiction!! I don't even know how many pills he takes but he no longer swallows pills because "they don't work" he has to snort them. Hes always in zombie land falls all over the place, falls asleep while hes walking, talking, etc. he has back problems and had 4 surgeries but this is NOT acceptable I feel like hes killing himself I can't let him anywhere near my daughter alone. Is it even possible this deep to get any help if so what? He thinks NO ONE knows he has a problem.
Five answers:
Cherise
2011-07-04 23:14:23 UTC
Sorry to hear this, addicts are hard to deal with. The stress and worry they cause knows know limits. If it were me, I would call Al-anon. They deal with all addictions, not just alcohol. I don't think I'd do an intervention, but some have had success with it when done with professional assistance. Al-anon even does phone meetings: Al-Anon Phone Meetings Number 1-712-432-8733 access code 52639#
C H
2011-07-04 23:07:48 UTC
Of course he can get better! He just has to realize that it IS a problem then to want to get sober... you can do/say anything and he wont stay clean if he truely does not want to! Every addict thinks they are smarter then everyone around them. My husband use to have a serious drug problem- he tried rehab twice with in a year and finally got sober when he truely was done! It is a team effort, he needs all the supporrt he can get while trying...

hope this helped
watford
2016-10-15 10:01:22 UTC
I genuinely would not in simple terms enable it fly. If it maintains or worsens, bypass see a doctor. I had cysts on and rancid for a lengthy time period, and that i ultimately in simple terms stopped going, and that i finished up having a cyst develop to the dimensions of a grapefruit. it ought to were very undesirable if it had ruptured, so I advise seeing a doctor :)
2011-07-04 23:03:33 UTC
You may want to check out Naranon to see how others in similar situations made it with an addict in the family.It is just about the norm now,nothing to be embarrassed about today.
monkeyofstick@yahoo.com
2011-07-04 23:09:48 UTC
Agrees.Naranon is a program that helps folks that live with the disease of addiction comunicate with others.

It helped my family when I fist started recovery.